IMMHPA (Indiana Minority Mental Health Professionals Association)
The professional organization is a nonprofit organization in Indiana and has an application pending for 501-c-3 status from the Internal Revenue Service. The professional association is a
multidisciplinary organization covering the entire state of Indiana. It
represents the disciplines of psychology, social work, nursing,
psychiatry, mental health counseling, addiction counseling,
pastoral counseling and marriage and family counseling. Lay
members and support staff are also welcomed to participate. The
only requirement for membership is an interest in the delivery of
mental health services to minorities.
1. Eliminate disparities in mental health service delivery to minorities
2. Promote positive mental health in the minority community
3. Disseminate accurate and appropriate information on minority mental health
4. Advocate and conduct research on mental health issues negatively impacting
the minority community
5. Monitor and give input on mental health legislation affecting minorities
6. Address managed care issues affecting minority mental health.